Terms & Conditions
- Use of the website, including 3rd party links and Recommendations
- Purchase of products
- Description of products
- Go Outdoors gift vouchers and promotional discounts
Welcome to the Go Outdoors.co.uk website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service team by e-mail, or call us on 0330 008 1555 between 8am-7:30pm Monday to Friday, 9 am-6pm on Saturday and 10:30am-4:30pm on Sunday. Please note that all calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary). Inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions;
"Product" means a product displayed for sale on the Website;
"Product Description" means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided;
"Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Product Description;
"Users" means the users of the Website collectively;
"Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration;
"We/us" means Go Outdoors LTD;
"Website" means the website located at www.gooutdoors.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it;
"Cookies" means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer;
"United Kingdom" means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands;
"You" means a user of this Website.
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting Customer Service by e-mail, or calling us on 0330 008 1555. between 8am-7:30pm Monday to Friday, 9 am-6pm on Saturday and 10:30am-4:30pm on Sunday.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, ratings and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on Gooutdoors.co.uk. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with Go Outdoors products which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If you are purchasing a television or television receiving equipment from us, please note that the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967 requires us to notify the TV Licensing Authority, giving full details of the address to which the TV will be delivered. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Go Outdoors by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on 0330 008 1555. between 8am-7:30pm Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm on Saturday and 10:30am-4:30pm on Sunday.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Go Outdoors Ltd requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed as follows:
GO Outdoors Head Office
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the Place and Confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Gooutdoors.co.uk
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
The contract will be concluded in English.
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and the cost of standard delivery, provided that you have notified us in writing no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the Products, and that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and not used them.
Please follow the procedure set out in our Returns procedure.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Made to measure or personalised goods
- Perishable goods (such as food or bait)
- Unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, software or videos
Returning cancelled goods
Once you have notified us of your wish to cancel, we require you to return the goods to us at your own expense, as soon as possible, by
- filling out the returns section and enclosing with the goods a copy of the despatch note (Click HERE for a copy if you have lost the original). Failure to send a completed returns section will prevent us from identifying your order and processing accordingly.
- return to your local store (except Hathersage) who will be happy to refund or exchange your purchase as needed
- the goods are returned at your own expense and risk. We recommend using a recorded delivery service or equivalent as we cannot accept responsibility for goods lost in transit. If your item is excessively large or heavy we can arrange for a courier to collect it at a price which we will agree with you in advance. This price will then be deducted from your refund payment.
- post or courier the goods to the following address:
GO Outdoors Returns
C/of Clipper Logistics
A despatch note will be enclosed with your order when you receive it this is your proof of delivery.
Damaged or defective returns
Fill in our Returns Form supplied with goods
- If you wish to return goods which you believe are damaged or faulty, please telephone us on 0330 008 1555 between 8am-7:30pm Monday to Friday, 9 am-6pm on Saturday and 10:30-4;30 on Sunday. We will discuss with you the best method of returning the item.
- We will refund or exchange faulty goods upon confirmation of fault as designated by the customer up to 28 days after delivery, provided that: a. the goods are returned to us in a new, unused or re-saleable condition. If the goods are not in a re-saleable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund, or deduct up to 20% of the purchase price from the refund amount; b. the goods are returned either in or with their original packaging and instruction manuals;
- Upon receipt by us of the goods, we will examine them for damage: i) If the fault is obvious and inherent, we will process the refund, repair or exchange within 14 days of receipt of the goods; ii) If the fault is not obvious, we may need to return the goods to the supplier for testing. We normally expect a response from the supplier within 4 weeks. The following products usually need to be examined by the supplier: electrical or gas appliances tents walking boots
- In the event that the goods are found to be damaged or faulty, we will either: i) refund to you the price you paid for the goods, plus the original delivery cost, plus the cost to you of returning the goods to us; or, after consulting with you: ii) send to you a replacement and refund to you the cost of returning the product; or iii) have the product repaired, return it to you and refund you for the cost of returning the product.
- In the event that the fault or damage is not due to faulty manufacture, but to misuse or damage sustained after purchase, or subject to normal wear and tear, we will contact you to find out whether you wish the goods to be returned to you or repaired, if a repair is feasible. In these circumstances, both the cost of repair and return of the goods to you would be at your expense.
- If a refund is required: a. We will refund to you the price you paid for the goods, including the delivery charge (if returned within 14 days of receipt) Refunds will be made as soon as possible after receipt by us of the returned goods and, in any event, not later than 14 days after receipt of the goods.
- We will apply the refund to the original card with which you bought the item(s). If this method is not reasonably possible, you will need to contact us by telephone on 0330 008 1555 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange an alternative method of repayment. This may cause a delay in repayment, but should not take longer than 28 days. If an exchange of goods is required:
- After receipt of the returned items, we will send out to you an alternative product of your choice if requested.
- If the new product is more expensive than the original product, the balance of the price owed to us, together with the delivery charge, will be charged to your original payment card, or an alternative card, details of which will have been provided by you, prior to despatching the goods to you.
- If the new product is cheaper than the original product, we will give you a refund for the balance, less the cost of delivery of the new product.
It is not always possible to exchange goods which were originally purchased as a Special Offer for the same price as the original Special Offer price. Special Offers are separate stock items to our normal 10% discount items. Some items will have been selected as Special Offer goods due to their size or colour. Consequently, goods at the Special Offer price may only be available in a limited choice of size or colour. Also, by the time you wish to exchange the product, the Special Offer item may have sold out and the Special Offer price may no longer be available.
- The following items cannot be returned on the basis that they are unwanted or unsuitable: Goods which have been used are soiled have an odour e.g. smoke have been damaged as a result of misuse are not in a clean and dry condition. Made to measure or personalised goods, Perishable goods (such as food or bait), Unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, software or videos
Please Note that we reserve the right not to refund or replace any returns, if you fail to provide us with the invoice and receipts for the goods/
Return of goods which are faulty; or not of satisfactory quality; or not fit for purpose; or which do not correspond to their description.
Customers who reside outside the UK – we require you to return the goods to us at your own expense however Customers are able to telephone us first to discuss the best delivery method, as we may prefer to arrange for the goods to be collected. Whilst the goods are in your possession, you are required to take reasonable care of them. They do not have to be returned to us still in their original packaging, but we do request that you return all the original product packaging and any instruction manuals with the goods. Please note that if you fail to return the goods to us, we are entitled to collect the goods from you and charge you for the direct cost of delivery.
Refunding the cost of the goods to you. Once you have notified us of your wish to cancel, we will refund to you the price of the goods as soon as possible, and, in any event within 14 days. Original delivery charges will only be refunded in the event that the entire order is cancelled or returned. Our preferred method of repayment is to credit the refund back to the original card with which you made the payment. If this method is not possible, please let us know how you require a refund to be made at the time that you notify us of your wish to cancel.
Any orders placed using PayPal as the payment method cannot be refunded in-store. Please contact Customer Support 0330 008 1555.
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy.
- Go Outdoors gift vouchers can be exchanged for goods in all Go Outdoors stores
- Go Outdoors gift vouchers unfortunately cannot be used to purchase goods online or over the telephone at this time.
- Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by Gooutdoors.co.uk are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via Gooutdoors.co.uk, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase in Go Outdoors stores, or for telephone orders.
Go Outdoors Discount Card, Special Offers and Promotional Discounts
Web customers are offered a 10% discounted price on all items and access to exclusive deals (like Special offers) automatically by purchasing through our website.
To take advantage of these prices in our stores, a GO Outdoors Discount Card costing just £5 per year is needed.
All prices quoted in our stores and online are in pounds sterling and include VAT at the current rate charged in the UK, where appropriate. We make every effort to keep the prices up to date but we reserve the right to change prices at any time without notice.
It may be that prices and promotions are incorrectly quoted or changed due to external circumstances. We have no statutory obligation to sell goods at the price quoted if that price is incorrect.
These are any items with a discount greater than 10% off the RRP. These products will be available in limited quantities, sizes and colours. When stock of a special offer runs out we will no longer be able to supply that item at the special offer price. Nor will we be able to offer exchanges for special offers returned after stock has run out.
Prices found through search engines may not be accurate as they may include prices from older seasons, product lines and promotions. Prices found on our products using our own search facility will be correct and accurate.
Promotions exclude Discount Cards, Gift Vouchers and Gas bottles unless otherwise stated.
Voucher Code reductions (£ / %) are taken from the 'Sub Total' amount in the Shopping Basket. Valid dates will be included where the voucher code is displayed, and the voucher codes only apply to purchases from Go Outdoors.co.uk.
If the following message: "Invalid voucher code Sorry, the voucher you have requested is not currently available." appears then your voucher code has either expired or is not valid at the current time.
If this is a timed voucher promotion, please try to add the voucher at a later time and if you are within the first number of valid orders, it will be accepted.
If this is a product or department specific offer, then the items in your basket are not applicable for the offer.
Free Delivery Voucher Codes only apply to Standard Delivery Charges unless otherwise stated. If you wish to receive the items quicker, you will have to pay extra for this service.
Any promotion stating 'Use Voucher Code' is ONLY available online and cannot be used in our stores or in conjunction with any other offer.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is "and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Go Outdoors and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, phone (0330 008 1555 between 8am-7:30pm ) or post
Our company details are:
GO Outdoors LTD
Registered office: Cuthbert House, Arley Street, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4QP
Registered in England. Company registration number: 03513318
VAT no: 108 2246 41